Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos opens up over family heartache and hails backing from fans ahead of Celtic showdown

Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos opens up over family heartache and hails backing from fans ahead of Celtic showdown
Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos has opened up over the personal tragedy that has driven him on during his career.In an emotional interview with the club’s TV channel, the Colombia international revealed how he vowed to take care of his family after his youngster sister tragically died and says it feels him with pride that he has fulfilled his promise.Alfredo Morelos has become a key man for Rangers2
Alfredo Morelos has become a key man for Rangers
The 22-year-old said: “My family supports me very unconditionally, they always give me that motivation, that love, to do things better every day.“The love of my parents, my sisters, it makes me proud to be doing what I’ve been doing so far.“My little sister was a very big motivation for me. I told my mother that I would take care of them, because we were a very poor family there in Colombia, in Cerete.“After my little sister died, I told my mother one day I’m going to take care of you and my whole family and, thank God, we are now doing really well.“Now I am in this great institution where everything is really working out for me.“My family is very proud of me. Honestly, my mother, my father, they cry, they cry watching me play.“My parents were here, they now know how it is, the atmosphere here and more so now seeing it themselves.“It’s something they feel proud of, of their son, because I do it with a lot of love for them too. I’m happy to make my family very happy.”Morelos recently signed his fourth Rangers contract in less than two years and is committed to Ibrox until 2023.And the former HJK Helsinki player admits the love of the fans has inspired him.The forward, who has 29 goals this season, said: “I like Rangers a lot, the fans, the football, what we experience day to day is incredible. The fans, the way they praise us and want to watch us play every weekend, every midweek, is amazing.Alfredo Morelos has a good relationship with Rangers boss Steven Gerrard2
Alfredo Morelos has a good relationship with Rangers boss Steven Gerrard
“I get that adrenaline rush and it’s awesome, I want to be competing as much as I can and as fast as I can.“It’s exciting, I get goosebumps, it’s a love they have, for me for everything I have done on the pitch…. and it really motivates me to know that the fans, both the kids and adults, love me in an incredible way.“I know it and I feel it because every time I score, every time I go to a shopping centre or go out for dinner, the love the Rangers fans have for me is awesome. I want to keep doing things right so they keep loving me.”Morelos promised not to lose the competitive spirit which has got him this far but has also got him into trouble on the pitch. The striker has received four red cards this season, one of which was later rescinded, and a further 16 yellow cards on top of two double-bookings.“I am a very hot player on the field, I’m very passionate, and I like it,” he said.“When I’m competing, when I’m active and fighting with the defence, jumping, holding the ball up, I would never change the way I am.“I’m a tough player, I like playing in the air, I like clashing, I like frustrating the defence.“No one can faze me, I’m the kind of player that is always dedicated to my team, and I fight for my team.”

Zenit players salute their fans following their win against Fenerbahce in the Europa League

David Silva is set to leave Manchester City at the end of next season, according to reports.. The 33-year-old is expected to run down his contract at the Etihad and finish his career at boyhood club Las Palmas in Spain.
David Silva 'set to leave Manchester City at the end of next

Eddie Howe (Bournemouth) has the fewest points-per-game won against Manchester City - 0.00

Lionel Messi's mesmerising run and goal against Getafe is the best in Barcelona's history, according to fans. The strike in the semi-finals of the 2006/07 Copa del Rey, which Getafe actually
~ Lionel Messi goal vs Getafe is best in Barcelona's history

Hernan Crespo scored the winning goal in both legs

Arsenal look set to announce former club midfielder Edu Gaspar as their new sporting director. But what would the Brazilian bring to the Gunners?
Edu to Arsenal: The key issues that the Gunners face with

Shaqiri has been a hit since swapping Stoke for Merseyside

Huddersfield Town manager latest: Former Manchester United, Newcastle United and Everton bosses who could replace David Wagner Written by: fpnews Posted on: January 15, 2019 Huddersfield Town parted company with David Wagner on Monday with the club rock bottom of the Premier League.
Bundesliga Options For Former Huddersfield Manager David

James Milner took over as captain after Jordan Henderson got injured

Watch John Motson live on stage in London tell talkSPORT all about his amazing career Don't miss chance to hear about commentating legend's 50-year career - grab some last-minute tickets here for
Watch John Motson live on stage in London tell talkSPORT all

Wenger waved goodbye to Arsenal in May after 22 years in charge

Referee Mike Dean has been removed as the fourth official for the match between Chelsea and Tottenham on Wednesday, but why?Mike Dean has been moved by the Professional Game Match Officials Limited group to the Manchester City's clash with West Ham on Wednesday - where he will take up the role of fourth official

But play was stopped and Hoedt was booked for foul play
Premier League results: West Ham beat Huddersfield in seven

Barcelona’s team bus left Anfield without Lionel Messi

Home » News » Transfers » Schalke announce signing of Everton's JonJoe Kenny with brilliant South-Park themed Tweets Share with Facebook Tweet on Twitter Send Email Copy to Clipboard

Claude Puel and Leicester were left to rue their missed opportunities against Tottenham at the weekend

Every Premier League club's run-in ranked - from hardest to easiest with three games to go Written by: fpnews Posted on: April 22, 2019 The Premier League season is 91 per cent completed but the remaining games still have so much riding on them.
Every Premier League team's run-in revealed - from hardest to

Valverde was ‘devastated’ by the defeat at Anfield

Tottenham Hotspur and Wolverhampton Wanderers will have to pay Napoli £43.5million to land transfer target Amadou Diawara. The Guinean midfielder has found first-team football hard to come by
Amadou Diawara - Latest News Updates - hitc.com

Alex McLeish has named his Scotland squad for their opening Euro 2020 qualifiers

Inter Milan 2019/20 home kit: Leaked Nike strip will evoke memories of Adriano at his brilliant best; Chelsea make formal complaint to UEFA over racist abuse aimed at Blues star during Europa League clash vs Dynamo Kiev; Cristiano Ronaldo: Juventus forward charged by UEFA over Champions League goal celebration
Revealed! The 10 best-selling World Cup kits | FourFourTwo

Post a Comment

0 Comments